5 Oct 2010

URTI??


urti?ohh...it's UPPER RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTION...what is that?it is an
illnesses caused by an acute infection which involves the upper respiratory tract: nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx.


symptoms:

  1. cough

  2. sore throat,

  3. runny nose,

  4. nasal congestion,

  5. headache,

  6. low grade fever,

  7. facial pressure

  8. sneezing
my symptoms?2,3,8,4..



earlier this morning,i can't stand my flu.at last i went to see the doctor in ED(emergency department).after getting signature from my superior,we went for checkup...oh..my colleague,she had this kind of itchiness which is too itchy and red dots appeared on her skin...pity her..


urgh,this nose is bothering me...clarinase doesn't work on me..dayumm.we waited for like 15 to 20 minutes..gosh....medical officer(MO)...where are you....???what took you so long to appear..i got work to do man...


at last...it's my turn...oh..before that,the nurse in charge checked my blood pressure and my body temperature..no fever...normal...it's a female doctor.....did not catch her name..

she asked me lots of question....



doc:ok,which one?
me:ni,(sambil tunjuk di kertas itu)
doc:ok..nazihah eh...sakit ape ni..
me:kan dah tulis kat situ flu for 4 days..(berkata dalam hati)...ermm...selsema..dah 4 hari.
doc:lagi?
me:em..pastu mcm ada kahak,batuk time malam...
doc:ok ok...ade penyakit lain tak?diabetes?darah tinggi?
me:nope.
doc:asthma?
me:xde.gastrik ade..
doc:bpe lame?ade kna on ubat x?
me:lame dah kot..tak.when required only.
doc:pusing belakang..saya nak check nafas..inhale exhale k
doc:ok..ni viral fever only...xde pape..tekak pun ok...xbengkak...so sy bagi ubat jela..
me:ok.
doc:sy bagi ubat selsema untuk malam..mengantuk...awak shift ke?awak department ape?nurse?
me:err..im wearing labcoat dude.(berkata dalam hati lagi)...em..farmasi
doc:xde shift kan?ok.wah.senang nk tnye ubat...depan mata saje..
me:hehe
doc:ok..antibiotik,sy bagi antibiotik ceporex,selsema clarityne,bisolvon for kahak,benadryl for batuk...
me:ok..tq doctor....

final diagnosis:URTI..


that's it...done.i hate antibiotic btw....smells awful and not tasty...urgh..but have to eat...or else,im not going to recover thoroughly..hmm...and remember finish the antibiotic according to the dosage and days......even if u feels ok,u have to continue eating..or else,when u get sick again,the antibiotic may not be effective enough for u.say resistance to your immune system...and u might have to use higher dose or change into other antibiotic from the
same@different group...


xx...goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey katherine,thanks for the info...(:..is it effective as well?

    ReplyDelete