6 Sept 2010

customer always right

right..in everything,customer always right!
and so do here,in the hosp...
grr..

i've just received a phone call from a patient clarifying information for some medication.

A:hello,this is pharmacy,right?i want to ask you,my son has been discharged just now at 5 pm..so i've given him/her the medication at 6 oçlock.the label stated that it has to be given 3 times daily.means 8 hourly right?
me:yep.8 hourly.
A:lets say it's 8 hourly,then i have to wake her up during midnight .if i don't give him/her exactly 8 hourly can?(it's kinda noisy i can't catch her exactly.)
me:oh..what medication is that?
A:FLU and COUGH mixture.
me:the medication can be given up to four times daily.so it's ok if you want to give more than 3 times.do u understand me?
A:No no..i don't want to give every six hourly.you know right they have nap and after they wake up then we give la
me:if so,it's ok.lets say u have given the medication at 6 pm.then when he/she wakes up early in the morning u can give the medication.
A:So can give la(repeating the same question)
me:yep
A:OK .thank you
me:welcome.bye2.

it's just a cough and flu medication.yes you have to give every 8 hourly.both
medication can lead to drowsiness,
so if impossible to wake him up at that certain moment (midnight),it can be consume the next day(early in the morning)..


even if i talked much ,patient wouldn't listen.all they
know is repeating the same question.the same thing even it's written what medication is that,duration,before/after meal.they wouldn't listen.they love to interrupt while we are explaining.just imagine you are in my shoes.our shoes.do you feel what we feel?lolx

MORAL OF THE STORY:CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT!
MOTIVEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment